Guided by the Division's vision, mission, motto and belief statements and our goals, the Director of, Inclusive Learning will assist the Superintendent in fulfilling the general and specific aspects of the role description for the Superintendent as defined in the School Act and Board policy.
The Director of Inclusive Learning is directly responsible and accountable to the Superintendent.
The Director of Inclusive Learning will have specific responsibilities for:
- Student Learning
- Ensures students in the Division within areas of responsibility have the opportunity to meet the standards of education set by the Minister.
- Ensures the effective implementation of curriculum in the Division.
- Provides support for initiatives to facilitate curricular outcomes.
- Ensure accountability for achievement of approved learning outcomes in all schools.
- Provides leadership in fostering conditions which promote the improvement of educational opportunities for all students in schools and programs within areas of responsibility.
- Student Wellness
- Ensures that each student is provided with a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment that respects diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
- Ensures that a coordinated service delivery model is in place to support student access to programs and services.
- Develops and maintains positive and effective relations with provincial government departments and regional/community agencies which provide services/supports to students.
- Personnel Management
- Supervises, evaluates and reviews the performance of the employees of the Inclusive Learning Department.
- Assists the Superintendent as required with the recruitment and selection of professional staff.
- Collaborates with the Superintendent in the supervision and evaluation of school-based administrative staff, as requested.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Develops a departmental budget within the parameters and constraints of the Division budget.
- Ensures the proper fiscal management of budget allocations.
- Makes recommendations to the Superintendent regarding possible actions to increase the effective and efficient operations of programs within areas of responsibility.
- Operates in a fiscally prudent and responsible manner.
- Policy/Administrative Procedures
- Assists the Superintendent in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Board policy within areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Administrative Procedures within areas of responsibility.
- Ensures application of Board policy and Administrative Procedures as required in the performance of duties.
- Organizational Management
- Within areas of responsibility, demonstrates effective organizational skills resulting in compliance with all legal, Ministerial and Board mandates and timelines and adherence to Superintendent directives.
- Contributes to a Division culture which facilitates positive results, effectively handles emergencies, and deals with crisis situations in a team-oriented, collaborative and cohesive fashion.
- Communications and Community Relations
- Takes appropriate actions to ensure open, transparent internal and external communications are developed and maintained in areas of responsibility.
- Fosters close ties and develops partnerships with community agencies.
- Ensures students, parents and staff have a high level of satisfaction with the services provided and the responsiveness of the department.
- Investigates, and facilitates resolution of concerns, and conflicts.
- Superintendent Relations
- Establishes and maintains positive, professional working relations with the Superintendent.
- Honours and facilitates the implementation of the Board’s roles and responsibilities as defined in Board policy and encourages staff to do the same.
- Provides the information the Superintendent requires to perform his role in an exemplary fashion.
- Leadership Practices
- Practices leadership in a manner that is viewed positively and has the support of those with whom they work in carrying out the Superintendent’s expectations.
- Exhibits a high level of personal, professional and organizational integrity.