The Division acknowledges its obligation to fulfill contracts or provide payment for those agreements into which it enters. The Board has delegated its signing authority to individuals holding designated positions in the Division. The Division will fulfill its obligations for those agreements entered into on its behalf by its designated signing authorities.
The Board directs that:
- The signing authority of the Board shall be two of the following with no more than one being the Board Chair and Vice Chair, and either the Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance or Superintendent.
- The Signing authority for Imprest cheques shall be two of the following, the Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance, Director of Business Services, the Principal or Department Supervisor and no more than one additional signing authority from the school or department.
- All cheques prepared to accommodate municipal, provincial or federal entitles, employee benefit plans, utility services, and student transportation services will be under laser signature of the Board Chair and Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance respectively.
- All electronic transfers are subject to the approval processes outlined in Adminstrative Procedure 515 Purchasing.
- All electronic transfers and/or cheques issued to Chartered Banks/Trust Companies, and prepared to accommodate direct deposit of payroll earnings will be under the Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance or designate approval.
- The Division signing officers shall be:
- Superintendent or designate or Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance for teacher contracts.
- Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance or designate for all contracts with Management and Personal Services contracts.
- Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance or designate for corporate contracts and leases.
- Board Chair/Associate Superintendent, Business and Finance and Negotiations Sub-Committee for Collective Agreements.
- The transfer of funds for investment purposes requires signatures of Superintendent and one of the Associate Superintendent of Business and Finance or Director of Business Services.