The Division working with Alberta Education, Alberta Labour in partnership with local employers agrees to implement and provide secondary school students with the opportunity to participate in the Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- There must be a designated coordinator at the school level.
- Work placements will be monitored by designated school personnel.
- Principals, in consultation with parents and business, will establish specific program criteria.
- Students shall:
- Be the full age of 16 years in order to register in the program;
- Have met apprenticeship entrance requirements; and
- Complete all compulsory credit requirements. Students may earn up to 20 credits per year while training on the job.