It is expected that staff will respect the privacy of other individuals in the workplace and educational setting. Secret recording of individuals without their knowledge is not compatible with the mission of the Division to foster an open exchange of ideas. In order to promote an environment of trust and collegial academic sharing, the Division expects that any recording will be done only with the prior consent of the parties involved.
- Covert/secret recording of any conversation or meeting occurring at the workplace or educational setting, including any classroom or other educational experience, or conversations or meetings off site that deal with workplace or educational matters of official concern, is prohibited.
- No recording obtained without the express written consent of all parties will be allowed to be put forward in any Division proceeding.
- Any recording created or obtained in the course of an employee’s duties as an employee is the property of the Division.
- No employee shall use any electronic recording system to record public or interoffice telephone conversations or any other discussions without the prior express permission of the person being recorded, except in the following circumstances:
- investigations involving life and death;
- conversations associated with the act of kidnapping, ransom, extortion, bribery, or like act;
- as an investigatory or evidentiary aid in criminal investigations in which the absence of a recording would hinder case conclusion;
- bomb threats, telephone threats involving personal safety;
- recordings made pursuant to court order.