Our Life Skills Program supports students who have moderate delays in most or all developmental areas. These students may have physical, sensory, medical or behavioural disabilities.
Improve academic, communication, personal and social skills
- Improved reading, writing, listening and math skills
- Improved ability to communicate and interact with others using appropriate behaviours and social skills
- Improved work ethic and study habits
- A safe, structured environment with regular routines
- Close, constant supervision
- Consistent behavioural expectations
- Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
- Opportunities to interact with other students in school-wide and community activities
- in grades 7 to 12
- diagnosed with a moderate cognitive delay
- demonstrating significant academic delays despite adequate intellectual, linguistic, sensory and emotional development
All Fort McMurray Public Schools' programming is based on the curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in the Life Skills Program will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Most schools offering special education programming have some yellow busing options available. For more information about busing, contact your child’s school or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.