Curricular/extra-curricular field trips are an important part of a school’s education program. The Division’s expectation is that the safest form of transportation of students to and from such activities is by Division buses or by commercial carriers.
- Principals shall approve all curricular/extra-curricular field trip transportation.
- Parents shall be notified in writing of the mode of transportation to be used for all school-sponsored activities involving their children.
- Principals shall ensure that the appropriate application form (Form 562-1) is completed and forwarded to the Transportation Coordinator at least one (1) week in advance of all school-sponsored activities requiring Division bus transportation.
- The Principal requesting Division bus transportation will be charged a fee and is responsible for payment thereof.
- Principals may negotiate with commercial carriers for transportation to school-sponsored activities, subject to the terms and conditions of Division transportation. Payment is from the school budget.
- The use of 15 passenger vans is prohibited.