School based support staff provide an integral part of effective program delivery; extended absences in these positions have a serious effect on school operation.
- When an instructional support staff person is absent from work for three (3) or more consecutive school days the Principal may arrange for temporary replacement by a suitably qualified person.
- In cases where the aide provides one to one service to a special needs program, temporary replacement may be immediate rather than after three (3) days.
- Where a learning commons assistant is absent from work, the Principal may arrange for temporary replacement by a suitably qualified person immediately rather than after three (3) days.
- Where an office manager/school secretary is absent, the Principal may arrange for immediate replacement by a suitably qualified person.
- Payment for such a replacement shall be on the basis of the starting rate for the position in accordance with the District's current salary schedule pro rated on a day by day basis.
- If this arrangement is implemented, the Principal shall report the details electronically to District Office to support payroll and personnel records.