Support staff are to strive to create an atmosphere where each person with whom they come in contact with reaches their potential. Support staff have the responsibility to adhere to standard policies, procedures, practices and ethical conduct towards students, colleagues, school personnel, parents and members of the community.
Support staff shall:
- Act in a manner that maintains the integrity of the Division.
- Adhere to the terms of employment, which include taking direction from their Supervisor, punctuality, dependability, responsibility and adaptability to changes in assignment.
- Be aware of the role model they present in a Professional Learning Community.
- Maintain confidentiality of information obtained during the course of their duties, respecting the privacy of all persons unless disclosure is required by law.
- Treat all persons with dignity and respect irrespective of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability or family status.
- Address issues calmly with another employee in confidence seeking mutual resolution. If a resolution is not reached, then inform the other party that you will seek guidance from your Supervisor.
- Maintain personal and professional integrity, seeking to develop skills and knowledge to improve practice.