Full cooperation with teacher training institutions who wish to provide student teaching experiences for their students is encouraged.
- Certificated teachers are encouraged to function as Faculty Consultants or Cooperating Teachers in teacher training programs.
- Honouraria for Faculty Consultants and Cooperating Teachers shall be the responsibility of the teacher training institution. Division staff are entitled to accept and retain such honouraria.
- The Head of the Human Resources Department or designate will coordinate requests from teacher training institutions for the placement of student teachers.
- Placements of student teachers shall be made by the Principal in consultation with the Cooperating Teacher(s).
- Student teachers must present a current (within six months) acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check prior to placement.