To ensure that students achieve learning outcomes prescribed by Alberta Education through the programs of study/curriculum, the Division in providing grades 4 to 6 Physical Education and Wellness, grades 7 to 9 Health and Life Skills, and Career and Life Management shall ensure that the human sexuality component is offered to all students.
- Principals shall ensure that parents/guardians of students:
- Have access to information about the learning outcomes of grades 4 to 6 Physical Education and Wellness, grades 7 to 9 Health and Life Skills, and Career and Life Management (CALM);
- May request to preview the learning materials used in teaching the outcomes related to human sexuality; and
- Are advised at the beginning of the school year about their right and the process to exempt their child from the human sexuality components of the programs of study.
- If a parent should request that a student be exempt from instruction in human sexuality in accordance with Section 50.1, Student Exemption Form (Form 206-1), the teacher shall provide alternative instruction for the student.
- Alberta Education resources shall be used to support the Programs of Study as they relate to the human sexuality outcomes.
- Community resources and personnel must be approved by the Principal.