We love parental support and more importantly, parental involvement in education. We want to provide you with the best resources available. We encourage you to visit your child’s school website and become actively involved in the school community.
- School Bell Times 2021-2022
- Registration Link
- 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
- Registration Open for 2021-2022
- Parent Support for Remote Learning
- Parent Portal Tip Sheet
- Admin Procedures Manual
- Inform Alberta
- Student Travel Insurance Policy
- Get Cyber Safe
- Joyful Literacy
- Student and Transportation Fee Summary
- Administrative Procedure 505: Student Fees
- Administrative Procedure 560A: Transportation Fees
Student Accident Insurance
In addition to any work benefits or personal insurance, a family may have, our Student Accident Insurance policy covers students while they are at school or on sanctioned school activities. If an accident happens, this coverage reduces costs to parents for expenses incurred over and above a family benefit plan.
To submit a claim, please complete the form: Click Here
Voluntary Accident Insurance
STUDENT ACCIDENT INSURANCE offers student accident insurance plans for supplementing costs not covered by your provincial health insurance or existing employer extended health and dental plans. These plans are available for purchase by families on a voluntary basis.
Settlement Workers In Schools (SWIS)
The Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) program is an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada funded program, delivered by the YMCA of Northern Alberta in partnership with the Fort McMurray Catholic and Public School Boards. The program provides newcomer students from kindergarten to grade 12 and their families with:
- Needs assessments and referrals to other support agencies
- One-on-one and group information orientation sessions to help with their successful integration into the Canadian education system
- Workshops to help connect families to services and resources in the schools and the community
- Community connections including afterschool academic support
- Targeted matching with settled immigrants or long-time citizens
- Facilitate communication between home and school
For more information, you can access their website at https://northernalberta.ymca.ca/YMCA-Services/Housing-And-Employment-Services/Immigrant-Services/Settlement-Workers-Schools or review the Program Brochure.
There are no events coming up in the next two weeks.View the Full Calendar