COVID-19 Case Update Friday, September 25, 2020
FMPSD’s first COVID-19 positive case at Dr. Clark Public School.
Monday, September 28, 2020
- An additional student at Dr. Clark tested positive in a different classroom (no outbreak declared by Alberta Health Services [AHS] as of September 28, 2020).
- A student who attends Fort McMurray Composite High School, also tested positive.
We were informed about the positive test results from the families of the children, and we appreciate the quick, effective communication to our school-based staff. The following steps have been taken at this time:
- Parents/guardians of children in the classes impacted have been called.
- All children are being advised to remain in quarantine until 14 days after last contact (October 1 for all three cases).
- All children and families are being advised to seek a COVID test.
Fort McMurray Public School Division’s (FMPSD) custodial staff have a tiered response protocol for sites where COVID has been identified and continue to respond accordingly.
Student and staff health and safety is our priority. We will continue to work diligently with Alberta Health Services on further guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding as we navigate this fluid situation.
Superintendent of Schools